1987 Buick Regal Turbo T
- Garnet red metallic (Paint code 076, option 79U)
- owned since 1998, second owner
- Trophy winner at many car shows
- This is a factory light-weight with virtually no options.
- Crank windows, no cruise, no tilt, manual locks.
- Canadian import
- I no longer own this car as of Nov 2015 but will leave this up as a tribute… 🙁
- 3.8 SFI Turbo
- Manley valves
- O-ringed heads
- TE-44 turbo from Precision Turbo and Engine
- stock intercooler
- Ford Blue Top 36psi injectors
- Walbro 307 fuel pump with hotwire kit
- Poston’s mechanical fuel pressure gauge (under hood)
- MAF Translator with LS1 MAF sensor (First Gen Translator)
- Stock ECM with Turbo Tweak 93 octane chip
- Stock GM TH2004R with D5 torque converter, well maintained
- Chrome turbo cover, up-pipe, MAF pipe, EGR cover, oil breathers, oil filler
- Hooker 2.5” exhaust with test pipe
- Super Comp mufflers exiting in stock location with Regal slash cut tips
- BGC 3” downpipe
- Adjustable stock style wastegate actuator with correct mount for TE-44 turbo.
- Stock crack-free headers
Braking / Suspension / Wheels:
- stock calipers, discs and drums.
- Converted to Hydroboost (2010)
- Auburn Pro posi-traction
- Wheels Front: 15×7 Weld Pro Star with BFG 235/60 15
- Wheels Rear: 15×8 Weld Pro Star with BFG 275/50 15
- Cargo coils and ATR air bag kit in springs, fill valve in rear bumper
Interior / Exterior:
- Garnet red metallic paint, GM code 076, professionally re-painted base/clear in 1998
- No 3.8 SFI TURBO emblems on the hood. The rest are correct
- Maroon interior with bucket seats and center console
- T-Type floor mats
- Kenwood CD Player
- VDO Boost and Water Temperature gauges in A-Pillar pod
- VDO Oil pressure and Casper’s Knock Gauge in console tray pod
- Headliner replaced with ABS plastic backed unit in 2011.
Pictures in gallery below are from 9/2015
I have not updated much on this site over the course of the summer, mainly because I haven't done anything to the car aside from ...
When I was younger I used to like to build plastic models of cars I had on my wish list. I built Buick Grand Nationals, Mustang...