1996 Ford Mustang Cobra
- ENGINE: 4.6-liter DOHC V-8
- HORSEPOWER/TORQUE: 305@5,800 rpm/300@4,800 rpm
- TRANSMISSION: Five-speed manual, Steeda Tri-Ax shortie shifter
- FUEL ECONOMY: 18 mpg city, 26 mpg highway, 16.4 mpg test
- CURB WEIGHT: 3393 lbs (11.1 lbs/hp)
- FUEL CAPACITY: 14 gal.
- TIRES: BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp II 245/45ZR17 on 1999 Cobra 17×9 wheels
- INSTRUMENTS: Speedometer, tachometer, fuel level, water temperature, oil pressure, battery voltage, digital clock.
- EQUIPMENT: Power windows, power door locks, power mirrors, cruise control, air conditioner, leather seats, AM-FM stereo radio with cassette and CD, Sirius XM receiver, anti-lock braking, dual air bags.
- STICKER PRICE: $26,645
- 1999 Mustang Cobra wheels with SVT center caps
- Flowmaster Super 44 cat back exhaust system with stainless tailpipes
- Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Ford Racing shift knob
- Steeda rear anti-sway bar
- Cobra emblem in the grill area
- Sirius XM radio receiver with FM adapter to transmit to stock Mach 460 sound system
- subwoofer tube in trunk
- original window sticker and SVT registration paperwork
- Ford racing clutch kit and throw-out bearing (at 73k miles)
- Royal Purple 5W-30 oil
I bought this car in June of 2002 after having owned a couple of SN95s prior. At the time I also owned a 1987 Buick Regal Turbo T which was an odd pairing in my garage being that these cars were enemies in the 80’s and early 90’s. Anyway, I didn’t change a whole lot about the car and just performed a few upgrades that are mostly needed on any SN95 Mustang. I am not big on changing appearances but rather function. The car still gets a lot of compliments on the street since it looks so good and is maintained so well. I only put about 3-4 thousand miles a year on it and it is always stored inside so the paint still glistens like new after over 20 years.